Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an opportunity for a Field Survey Technician (Instrument Person) to assist in performing land surveying services. Hours will vary dependent upon workloads and project needs. This position based from our Charlotte, NC location, but survey field work along with possible overnight travel will be necessary. The successful candidate will perform surveying services in the field as a one person or part of a two person crew.
- Performing field work efforts for land surveying services of all types
- Operate GPS, Robotic Total Stations and Data Collectors
- Maintain field equipment in a clean and secure manner
- Load and unload field survey equipment and supplies to and from the survey truck
- Perform pre-start vehicle checks to ensure operability maintenance and safety
- Actively lead and / or participate in safety discussions and briefings
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of Land Surveying experience as a Survey Technician in the field
- Successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of Total Stations and Data Collectors utilizing standardized field codes, and automated line-work and basic understanding of GPS is desirable
- Ability to adapt to our standards and procedures is required
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Good work ethic
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.