Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Redzikowo, Poland
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Claims and Change Order Specialist. Works with the Project team to Identify change orders including actual and potential claims and REA’s (Request for Equitable Adjustment). Assure proper notification, manage and control systematic and accurate assimilation and documentation of data. Perform and analyze cost and time impact studies. Manage the pricing effort. Negotiate with the client if requested to do so. Manage or assist with dispute resolution and settlement as requested.
- Must have ability to know specific claim type and anticipate and identify actual and potential claims and changes at an early stage
- For Change order and claims, manage notification of client or other party per contract specification that is non-adversarial and within specified time limits in writing or as specified
- Quickly identify records and documentation that will be required to substantiate the claim or change order
- Educate project teams on the retention and importance of record management and documentation including use of photographs, detailed reports to other party , letters, meeting minutes, detailed daily reports, progress meetings, actual cost support, etc.
- Conduct and perform both time and cost impact analysis
- Assist with and be thoroughly familiar with the maintenance of baseline and schedule updates
- Draft all communications to client regarding changes and claims for Management signature
- Manage and assist with development of pricing for the change or claim in accordance with both commercial and federal requirements
- Prepare for and conduct negotiations including assurance that all information is current and complete if requested to do so. Structure change or claim documents to focus on our win theme / strategy and eliminate insignificant and weak information that could lead to time consuming discussions and arguments. Identify our strengths and opponents / clients weaknesses. Provide early recognition of potential problems or confrontations and anticipate opposition’s next move
- Make recommendation for type of dispute resolution if agreement can’t be reached in negotiations
- Work with and support both company and outside attorneys in the event of dispute resolution
- Take responsibility for development and management of claims and changes throughout the process
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of progressive and successful claims development and management within the construction industry
- Degree in business, engineering or related field
- Well organized and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage a team of professionals
- Superior knowledge and experience with all change types
- Experience in a broad range of construction including Architectural, Civil, Water, Power, Heavy and Highway, Oil and Gas, Mining and Environmental
- Strong Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Superior Knowledge and experience with all types of schedule analysis
- Superior Knowledge and experience with “after the fact” and “forward pricing” of claims and Changes
- Superior ability to develop systematic and accurate documentation
- Working skills with standard software,Timberline estimating and Primavera P6 software is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.