Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior HVAC Engineer to join our Nuclear Services business at our Warrington (Birchwood) or Knutsford Offices. The role is to become part of a project team undertaking design and substantiation of nuclear containment ventilation systems. This is also an opportunity to support in growth areas of New Build and major nuclear EPC projects. This role offers the opportunity to join a world class engineering company. Furthermore, the opportunity to support in growing our nuclear ventilation and building service capability in the region. This role is anticipated to progress into the longer term expansion of Amec Foster Wheeler's HVAC capability within the region.
- The successful individual will be responsible for the design or substantiation of HVAC and Building Service systems including design studies, optioneering, scheme and detail design
- Preparation of design basis documents, ventilation flow sheets, calculations, equipment/ductwork sizing, containment systems cascaded building ventilation, specification writing and Engineering Substantiation
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures
- Knowledge & Experience in the design and substantiation of nuclear ventilation systems
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry
- Ability to manage his/her own time effectively to ensure tasks are delivered to budget and timescale
- Experience in the production of ventilation system design deliverables, i.e. Ventilation Flow Diagrams (VFDs), Basis of Design (BoD), Plant Sizing Calculations (Heating/Cooling/Fan Sizing), Control Philosophy
- Experience in the delivery of written work, i.e Equipment Specifications, Design Assessment Reports (preferable but not essential)
- Have extensive demonstrable experience in delivering nuclear HVAC design
- Hold a minimum HND or equivalent
- Ideally will hold a Degree, be a member of CIBSE and/or a Chartered Engineer or alternatively have extensive experience demonstrable in the field
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.