Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Basel, Switzerland
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are currently looking for a Senior Fill-Finish Process Engineer with 15 years working experience to work within our Process Engineering group to support a number of projects in the pharmaceutical engineering sectors at our Swiss Office.
These positions will be on projects working alongside our multidiscipline Project Teams in the development and delivery of P&IDs, Line Lists, Equipment Lists and Equipment specifications as well as Procurement Support.
- Expert in oral dosage forms and packaging
- Strong and developed sense of health and safety within the working environment and in the design process, and can contribute to maintaining the highest of standard
- Understands project work sequences and can contribute to producing deliverables and undertaking activities. The work will be based on a schedule and will require understanding, control and reporting of quality and expenditure
- Specialists in the preparation of P&IDs, line lists, equipment lists and special piping item lists. Drafting is done by Designers, so part of the role is to manage the input, transfer and checking processes
- Set and maintain quality and consistency of P&ID, line list, equipment list and SP item list deliverables
- Familiarity with the use of an electronic mark up system would be an advantage. Foster Wheeler uses Bluebeam software
- Attend, contribute and prepare reports for P&ID related safety reviews
- Understand project work sequences in producing the deliverables and executing activities and has a good knowledge of standards, specifications and procedures
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
- Understands the nature of and contributes to the identification and control of change
Skills / Qualifications
- Fluency in German and English in writing and word is a must. French or any other language an asset
- Engineering execution experience in pharmaceuticals or similar related industry
- Multi discipline knowledge of all stages of P&ID, line list, equipment list and SP item list development
- Self-motivated, proactive individual with good communication skills
- Ability to communicate proactively with discipline representatives in the co-ordination of their work
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Client/Owner
- Ability to convert the technical knowledge into practical solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.