Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Project Manager they would be responsible for the management of a group of assigned OHL projects, including all aspects of development and performance management. Ensuring that the individual projects in their portfolios are delivered safely, to time, quality and budget. Also for ensuring high standards are applied in the management of all aspects of individual projects and their alignment with the overall NG Project and Amec FW T&D business objectives. Focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of project delivery and outwardly on its coherence with the NG EPC model`, on the programme of works and National Grids technical codes and standards. Ensure good channels of communication exist at all times between the associated stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the “Safety by Design” philosophy through the project delivery process
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned portfolio of projects to meet the key programme milestones and the requirements of RIIO Programme
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and the target cost for each element of all projects assigned to their portfolio
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout. Providing reports for the Alliance Management Team to the required standard and deadlines.
- Prioritising the assignment of project resource to individual projects, and resolving conflicting requirements at a portfolio level. Drive performance, actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery. Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and reporting across all projects as defined by the National Grid alliance management team, producing a portfolio level report on a monthly basis
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation introduced under the “change-challenge for business excellence” banner are applied internally within the Amec T&D business
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project lifecycle.
- Internal liaison: Construction and Site Managers on Project delivery issues, functional Heads i.e. Commercial Finance, Construction, HR, SHE when necessary. Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log .NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with sub-contractors. Programme of Works, Quality Plan and Project Risk Register
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy, Environmental Policy
- To work within established Company policies and procedures. Ensuring the disciplinary process to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems is applied where necessary
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Skills / Qualifications
- Good programme / project management skills
- Basic understanding of Engineering Principals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with planning skills
- Knowledge and Understanding of and belief in the principles of CDM
- Good knowledge of NEC forms of contracts
- OHL installation techniques
- A good level of financial and commercial understanding
- Good knowledge of NATIONAL GRID’s Safety rules
- Experience in previous project management experience
- Substantial experience of running multi million pound projects to time and budget
- Experience of developing working relationships quickly and effectively
- Engineering qualification (Degree / HND / HNC) or equivalent industry track record
- Recognised SHE qualification such as NEBOSH
- NATIONAL GRID Authorisations
- Working away from home regularly and for prolonged periods
- Full clean driving licence
- Negative result for the compulsory Drugs and Alcohol test in line with Parent Company policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.