Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Barnwood, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Clean Energy business has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer for EDF's Investment Delivery Group in the Barnwood Office with experience of the quality assurance and quality control standards and arrangements required to manage successful major nuclear or similar highly regulated industry portfolio of projects.
The role will involve providing positive leadership on quality matters within central functions project delivery teams and promote the adoption of best practice. To promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement. It will also include monitoring and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate as well as ensuring project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
- Monitoring compliance of Project activities with written processes / procedures
- Carrying out surveillance of supplier plans, polices & procedures
- Assisting with the production of Quality Plans and implementing Quality Programmes
- Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and sub-contractors on or off site as required
- Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle
- Supporting the project team in change management and configuration control processes including technical queries and concessions
- Management of non-conformances to approved processes and procedures.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System
- Maintaining awareness of relevant organisational procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC in a Technical Discipline or equivalent, preferably electrical and / or controls bias
- BE EN ISO9001:2008 Internal Auditor Trained
- Certification as IRCA Auditor / Lead Auditor desirable
- Understanding of BS EN ISO 14000 series and OHSAS 18001
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.