Skills: Marketing, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Singapore Raffles Place, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Programs & Initiatives - AP PMO Specialist located in Chevron House, Singapore through October 06, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Project Management Office (PMO) - Governance
- Supports the General Manager, Programs & Initiatives in the development, management, prioritization and execution of all AP Sales and Marketing programs and initiatives.
- Ensures all programs and initiatives have appropriate planning, tracking, reporting and metrics in place.
- Provides PMO support to S&MS leaders as necessary
Retail Growth Program – Project Management Office
Manages the PMO for the Program of 5 business workstreams and HR & L&D enabling workstreams. Ensures that the following is in place and operating effectively:
- Project Management framework and tools
- Project plan with key milestones/deliverables and metrics
- Resourcing plan
- Weekly workstream updates
- Monthly KPI updates
AP Growth Programs – Project Management Office
- In addition to the growth program above, the AP PMO Specialist would be required to provide PMO support for the wider AP Growth Programs across key equity markets including Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia
Interface with In-country PMO Specialist
- Responsible for the interface and coordination of in-country PMO Specialists including building organizational capability to ensure the execution of projects and initiatives.
- Adhoc Programs & Initiatives Support as required
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of work experience in marketing programs with proven track record of managing consumer programs and initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player while also able to work independently
- Strong organization and program coordination skills.
- Strong balance of being process oriented and solutions/ results-driven
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and system
- Previous Retail, Commercial & Industrial Sales, Lubricants Sales and Marketing Programs and Initiatives experience is desired
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.