Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Hong Kong, Hong kong
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's largest leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employee's working in countries around the world. We explore, produce, and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Terminal Operator located in Tsing Yi Terminal, Hong Kong through October 11, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- OE/HES activities including but not limited to verifying work permits, ensuring safe work practices followed, emergency response, use of MOC processes, incident reporting / mitigation
- Tank truck loading, marine vessel loading, marine vessel receipt, pipeline receipt/transfer, tank truck receipt, additive receipt/use, inventory storage and warehouse operations as applicable:
- Perform physical loading / unloading function and the associated documentation
- Product quality verification (initial and ongoing)
- Inventory measurements and documentation
- Monitor work and activities of contractors, customers, drivers and third parties to ensure compliance with work scope, work procedures and good house-keeping of the terminal
- Performs measurements / checks and maintains terminal records as assigned. E.g.: waste and emission, fire protection equipment, terminal inspection checklists, equipment calibration, tank overfill protection etc.
- Training and perform any other duties as assigned by Lead Operators and Management
- F5 or above
- Strong commitment to Safety and Tenet of Operational Excellence
- Exhibited highest ethical standards
- Knowledge of oil terminal activities, such as tanker receiving, tank gauging, product loading, tank truck operation etc.
- Experience in facilities / equipment maintenance activities is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Chinese
- Good computer skill, such as use of Microsoft Excel, Words, Outlook etc
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in Hong Kong under the local payroll system and benefits.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.