Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Ramon, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Executive Assistant located in San Ramon, California through October 10, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This role provides administrative assistance to the Chief Corporate Counsel in Corporation Law. This position will interact regularly with Law Function leaders as well as Corporation Law executives and will be privy to highly confidential information. The person will need to exercise discretion and sound judgment at all times. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Corporate Counsel, including managing the Outlook calendar and coordinating domestic and international travel logistics. Prepares detailed itineraries and coordinates logistics, agendas and prereads for meetings, conferences and special functions. Provides background information for meetings and trips.
- Interacts with other executive support and exercises appropriate discretion and sound judgment.
- Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports.
- Responsible for all meeting planning and logistics for the Corporation Law Group Leadership Team (LT), Extended Leadership Team (XLT) and Personnel Development Committee (PDC), including preparing agendas, publishing preread materials and handling all meeting logistics. This position will also facilitate (in-room) the LT, XLT and PDC meetings, including drafting meeting minutes and recording action items.
- Reviews and screens Chief Corporate Counsel email and snail mail, prioritizing items that need immediate attention. Uses discretion to assign action items to others for handling, to coordinate with members of the Leadership Team on appropriate handling, to refer matters outside of the Department as appropriate, and following up on action items.
- Screens telephone inquiries and takes initiative to handle calls as appropriate.
- Responsible for coordinating engagements with foreign officials or dignitaries, including any necessary sensitive transaction approvals and sanctioned party screenings.
- Provides other business analytical support and special projects as requested by the Chief Corporate Counsel.
- Maintains effective communications with peers, attorneys, managers and leaders. Assigns action items as appropriate, using discretion, and follows up for completion.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years secretarial and/or administrative experience.
- Must be able to handle all activities with high confidentiality and high level of initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work cooperatively with others and at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to the needs of diverse work groups and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization in order to convey ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, often under changing circumstances.
- Ability to "multi-task", anticipate needs and requirements, and follow through.
- Strong organization skills and attention to details are crucial.
- Ability to understand substance and time requirements of communications received and relate as appropriate to ongoing matters, to problem-solve, and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly.
- Proficiency with CTREX system, WebEx meeting collaboration system, SharePoint and in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Strong knowledge of corporate organization structure and corporate committees are highly desired.
- 9/80 work schedule is offered. Must be flexible.
- Demonstrated strong current performance.
- Experience in and/or working with the Law Function and its organizations.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.