Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Township of Monticello, MN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): MN - Monticello
Are you an engineer who wants a challenging, rewarding career at a Fortune 500 company that's committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Do you want to be part of shaping our energy future? An engineering position at Xcel Energy could be a great match for you.
Xcel Energy is hiring an Electrical Design Engineer to be based out of the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, MN. The Electrical Design department prepares plant modification packages, electrical analysis & calculations, corrects drawings & plant documents, provides support of construction activities, and conducts engineering studies for potential modifications. Travel may be required an average of once per year for industry events or to other nuclear plants for benchmarking.
The below description and requirements are for the Engineer I level within the Engineering hierarchy, however this position may be filled at a higher level, which may have additional requirements. The successful candidate will be placed at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's skills and experience.
This is the entry level for professional engineering work in a nuclear power generation environment. Works under close supervision; receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected. Performs routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria required to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
This is the entry level for professional engineering work in a nuclear power generation environment. Works under close supervision; receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected. Performs routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria required to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks in one or more of the following engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Materials, Civil/Structural, or Nuclear engineering) . The Engineer I position is an entry level position with individuals completing nuclear engineering qualifications within first two years.
- Work with increasingly less supervision; receive specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected and using prescribed methods, perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Develop or provide input to work schedules. Prepare estimates for specific projects or sections of projects; may analyze reliability, system or program deficiencies. Effectively use work management tools and perform engineering related assignments to support site and fleet goals. Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- May be involved with area teams to determine opportunities and set action plans. Participate in planning, engineering and operational study teams or committees.
- Attend departmental and or plant meetings and industry/fleet activities. Training associated with this level will include skill development to achieve higher levels.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 0+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience
- Nuclear electrical design experience
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Monticello
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.