Skills: Cost Engineer, Project Controls
Other Skills: Project Management, Planning, Construction Management, Primavera, Estimating, Petrochemical Construction
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: 52723, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our client is a leader in the petrochemical industry, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses, and they are looking for a Project Cost Controls Specialist to add to their team in the Clinton, IA area. Will be responsible for the following; schedule, estimate, control, analyze, forecast, and report costs for multiple projects. Will work on-site with several project managers and projects in all stages of the PMP process.
- Establishes cost engineering processes, practices & tools to effectively execute projects.
- Creates resource loaded schedule for projects
- Works interactively with project team members to accurately maintain & update cost and schedule.
- Monitor and control cost through sound cost engineering principles.
- Analyze and report project costs and schedules.
- Prepare final cost report and project analysis.
- Work Planning: Plans and achieves work in logical, systematic, and cost effective ways
- Leadership: Collaborates with others to accomplish goals
- Supports team decisions, promotes mutual ownership of ideas and actions and effectively communicates with owner & contractor personnel.
- College degree in an engineering or equivalent project construction management & planning experience preferred.
- 15 years in general project management field with at least 5 years of direct project cost control and estimating experience.
- Highly proficient with SAP, Windows, Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Primavera (latest version) scheduling software.
- Working knowledge of common estimating software application programs
- Must be capable of both performing analysis as well as analyzing work prepared by others.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive understanding of project and turnaround execution processes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.