Skills: Cartography / Mapping, Software Specialist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Aegion Corporation and its family of companies shield and protect the world's infrastructure from degradation and corrosion with a variety of technologies. Aegion's businesses comprise sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and corrosion protection for and strengthening of bridges, tunnels, buildings, waterfront, metal and concrete structures. Our companies provide cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines and infrastructure. For more information, visit www.aegion.com.
The Asset Integrity Management Team is passionate about innovating Aegion's business through the intelligent application of the latest GIS tools. Playing the roles of consultants, analysts, and integrators, we provide expertise on the use of GIS, work to deploy advanced GIS platforms, and provide user mentoring and support. The pace is fast, the challenges are great, and the rewards are many.
Aegion is developing an Asset Integrity Management platform that will improve the way we collect and manage data on behalf of our customers. This platform will also provide our customers a secure service to allow them to visualize and analyze their assets in a secure, online GIS environment. We are in need of a talented GIS professional to help with the innovative implementation of GIS tools to support these goals.
The Senior GIS Developer will be responsible for applying GIS technology to Aegion's key business processes including the development of a mobile GIS capability, the implementation of real-time GIS for asset monitoring, and the creation of the Asset Integrity Management platform.
- Develop a customer facing website that supports customers with the following capabilities:
- Secure access to customer data
- Access to map visualizations based on customer authorization
- Access to geoprocessing tools
- Access to the real-time monitoring tool
- Export capability of customer data in a variety of formats including:
- File-based geodatabase
- A variety of tools supporting corrosion protection workflows
This website must be secure and scalable as well as aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-use.
- Develop a map-based internal website that supports a variety of workflows and user levels. These include:
- Executive dashboards
- Engineering and analyses
- Data management and processing
- Sales and Marketing
- Support the development and implementation of a real-time GIS using the Esri GeoEvent Processor to monitor, display, and manage information collected from remote monitoring units (RMU's) using a selected monitoring site as a pilot project.
- Integrate an operations dashboard with the external customer website to display Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) around the pilot implementation. This dashboard would provide graphs, indicators, and alert notifications in real-time to allow operators to respond to events.
Asset Integrity Management Platform
- Play an instrumental role in developing the Asset Integrity Management platform to support both internal workflows and advanced customer data services. This platform will principally leverage the Esri GIS architecture including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS desktop, and ArcGIS GeoEvent processor. However, other non-Esri GIS tools will also be considered.
- Work with departments to develop integrated GIS workflows to capture data into the Asset Integrity Management central spatial repository to include asset data, inspection data, monitoring data, lease roads, facilities, and other relevant operational data.
- Develop methods for leveraging locally created datasets into the Asset Integrity Management central spatial repository.
- Support the integration of geospatial analyses into various workflows to support data analyses, predictive modeling, and marketing.
- Support the development of a secure online customer system that allows access to geospatial data collected on their behalf.
This candidate must also have a strong GIS background with a minimum of 10 years' experience working with GIS technology. This candidate must also be an experienced web developer with a proven track record developing commercial websites. Expertise in the following technologies is required:
- Java script
- SQL SERVER (PL/SQL)
- ESRI JS API
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Server (extensions: Geo Event, SOI)
- Good knowledge of Map Service, Feature Services, Geoprocessing Services (create, publish and consume in Web application)
- Arc SDE (Single Version Architecture)
- Kendo UI, DOJO
- ArcGIS Desktop
- IIS, TFS
Knowledge of the upstream and/or midstream sectors of the petroleum industry would be very beneficial.
The candidate must have strong communications skills with the ability to create plans and milestones, provide presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences, and communicate effectively in a team environment. Being self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting is essential.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree preferably in GIS or computer science.
The Asset Integrity Management Team is passionate about innovating Aegion's business through the intelligent application of the latest technologies. Playing the roles of consultants, analysts, and integrators, we provide expertise on the use and implementation of advanced technology platforms. The pace is fast, the challenges are great, and the rewards are many.