Skills: Laborer, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Advanced Step Apprentice Locator to join the Xcel Energy team at the Chestnut Service Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
As a Locator, you will locate multiple underground facilities including, Gas and Electric using various types of information including Xcel maps, construction prints and as built drawings to determine approximate location. Use electronic equipment to determine physical location of facilities to protect them from damage and to ensure the safety of the excavator as well as the public.
- High School diploma
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Experience in reading Gas and Electric maps or prints
- Complete understanding of Gas and Electric distribution practices
- Available for 24hr call out duties
- Experience in damage prevention practices
- Subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Subject to work in inclement weather conditions
- Employee will be expected to drive a company vehicle
- 1 or more years of experience locating Gas and Electric cable
- 6 months of recent locator experience within the last 12 months
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy-s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis