Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Pressure Pumping & Chemistry Center (PPCU), Sugarland - TX
The PPCU center is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer who has the passion to develop software systems used for reading and controlling data through sensors and instrumentation. He implements operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrate data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability. This position reports to a Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases.
- Perform trouble-shooting the system failures, investigate performance bottlenecks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor / Masters in Computer Science or Engineering with about 10 years of experience in the software industry.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Knowledge of professional software practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with C# / C++, .Net, Visual Studio, GUI implementation.
- Experience with control systems and OPC / OPCUA, HMI and LabView Software quality management.
- Experience with real time data acquisition.
- Notions of real-time data and controls systems (time synchronization, control loops & regulation).
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Experience capturing and interpreting end user requirements, and then translating into match specifications.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management in a collaborative development environment.
- Notions of big data and cloud computing.
- Agile and iterative development.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.