Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Harvey, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is seeking a Safety /Quality Technician to join our team in Lake Charles, LA .
Corrpro Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is North America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com.
Monitor and assist the HSE operations in your assigned region (Division I and Corrpro Corporate Quality system implementation and maintenance) including:
- Ownership of all pre-qualifications, site specific safety plans, the Safety Incentive process, the Drug and Alcohol process, the gas monitor calibration process
- Facility safety maintenance
- Safety representative at regional client safety meetings
- Ownership of the Leading Indicator notification system and reporting
- Conducting office safety meetings
- Maintenance of the visual safety process at the facility
- Oversee office Emergency Preparedness Team and Safety Committee
- Safety inspections, audits and surveys
- Accident and near miss investigations
- Regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, DOT)
- Effectively work and communicate with all levels of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- QA/QC auditing and inspectionQA/QC reporting and administrative functions
- Document non-conformances of in-house and field delivered items
- Generate spreadsheets for data collection
- Reconcile final inspection documentation for received items
- Test incoming raw materials
- Communicate defective items to engineering and other staff
- Conduct calibration of field services instruments.
- Check in-process and finished products to ensure required standards and specifications are met.
- Communicate with operations personnel regarding maintenance issues that will affect quality.
- Ensure all NCR's are logged and processed according to internal documentation.
- Provide Quality Management System Training to employees.
- Assist with development and implementation of work instructions within the QMS.
- Maintain Quality Management System records and documents and employee training files
- Assist and conduct quality audits
- Bachelor's degree or five years' experience in a compliance and construction/general industry safety/quality position.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent customer service is also a must.
- Basic word processing power point and excel spreadsheet skills necessary.
- Mostly field and general office atmosphere.
- Heavy travel required.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
We offer Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a
Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.