Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Perform the function of fire alarm and detection designer, including production of construction documents related to commercial, institutional, residential, and office facilities. Thorough knowledge in NFPA and applicable codes and standards.
- Assess projects, identify design requirements, and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and use a computer to run standard programs to solve engineering problems as required.
- Prepare design packages for fire alarm and detection systems, electrical systems, and data/communications, including preparation of design drawings, and scopes of work and technical specifications,
- Provide expert advice and assistance to design, construction, and maintenance engineers, and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to fire alarm and detection systems.
- Outline design intent, requirements, and objectives. Coordinate project development and lead a group of professionals.
- Select system type and components, and determine the minimum illumination and placement of visual devises.
- Identify interfaces required with fire safety functions, other fire alarm systems, and other building systems.
- Write technical reports and provide solutions to complex technical problems.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Coordinate development of work scopes and detailed technical specifications.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings for development by draftsmen. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Prepare cost estimates and material takeoffs for the work as applicable and coordinate with cost engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
- Support project onsite execution and project proposals, and initiate detailed work outlines. Make decisions to support projects and act as a technical consultant when required.
- The candidate must possess a B.S. degree in electronics engineering or electrical engineering as a minimum with emphasis in fire detection and alarm engineering.
- Certified as a Fire Protection Engineer or have a Professional Engineer certification.
- A minimum five (5) years of solid experience in design related to fire alarm and detection with a total of fifteen (15) years of experience from the date of graduation.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, using U.S./BS design codes and standards.
- Well versed with National Electric Codes, National Fire Protection Association, and other U.S. or European codes.
- A professional attitude, pleasant personality, and dedication are desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare approvals of the problem solving report plans and schedules, and provide coordination and work direction as required for the preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence, and related data; and assures the efficiency, adequacy, and conformance to overall objectives of a project.
- Formulates the basis for an engineering study or project or design in any basic or special engineering field by analyzing and evaluating all data pertinent to the assignment. Evaluates data as to scope, effect on existing installation, economic value, long-range planning, and budgetary considerations.
- Leads and recommends new continuous improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within specific fields of endeavor. Estimates costs, prepares justifications, and completes expenditure requests as required.
- Supports project execution and project proposals, and initiates detailed work outlines and makes decisions as to basic processes and/or equipment. Performs work and or delegates work to other engineers and final development of specialized or technical proposals and studies of proposed projects.
- Discusses, coordinates, and resolves problems with personnel throughout Aramco and subsidiaries and with organizations outside of the company. - Acts as technical consultant when required.
- Reviews the work of engineers directed. Checks that reports are written according to established methods of good report presentation. Makes recommendations for future study or report changes. Approves reports for transmittal to a supervisor. Reviews work of third party, technology reports, and engineering standards.
- Leads the implementation and operation of all kind of recommended solutions.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants