Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join the Utilities & Technical Support Department (U&TSD)/Technical Support Division of Community Services.
The Technical Support Division is responsible for providing engineering design & support services to Saudi Aramco organizations. U&TSD consists of two service units in addition to 5 major divisions.
The Structural Engineer's primary role is to perform structural design activities for Saudi Aramco construction projects.
- Candidate must possess BS Degree in Civil Engineering as minimum. Master Degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering Registration/License from the US/CA/UK is preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of English is required to perform the functions and to make professional presentations.
- Fifteen (15) years' experience from date of graduation, of which seven (7) years in a senior position.
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, using US/BS/Euro Design Codes and Standards.
- Extensive experience using US Design Codes is preferable.
- Design experience in STAADPro V8i or higher, ETABS, SAP2000 and Tensioned Membrane Structures using software like ixForten 4000 or Easy 8 is advantageous.
- Candidate must have strong Leadership skills.
- Strong technical and engineering design skills in a design office environment with an excellent command of English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the function of structural design including production of construction documents related to commercial, institutional, residential and office facilities.
- Assess projects, identify design requirements and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and software such as STAADPro V8i, ETABS, SAP2000 or similar.
- Plan, schedule and provide work directions as required for the preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data.
- Identify design requirements for structural and civil elements including but not limited to concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures.
- Perform engineering assessments, failure analysis, prepare technical reports and verify #As-Built# record drawings for accuracy.
- Manage the design and engineering development of complex and large projects with minimum supervision from date of assignment until project completion.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Coordinate development of work scopes and detailed technical specifications.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings for development by draftsmen. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Prepare cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
- Prepare design sketches, perspectives, and details for engineering packages as required. Perform site surveys using applicable equipment for inspections as required.
- Support project on-site execution, project proposals and initiate detailed work outlines. Make decisions to support projects and act as technical consultant when required.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants