Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As a senior reservoir engineer, you will work within a multi-discipline reservoir characterization team consisting of geoscientists and engineers involved in the assessment and development of MRO resources plays across North America. Duties include reserves assessment, well forecasts, simulation studies, and production enhancement. Optimizing the value of the asset, monitoring and performance analysis of non-operated and operated wells. Mentoring of less experienced or intern reservoir engineers within the asset will be required. Some travel to other MRO location In Oklahoma and field location as appropriate.
- BS or higher in Petroleum Engineering (or related engineering discipline), with a minimum of 10 years of reservoir engineering experience in unconventional reservoirs experience
- Experience in tight oil, unconventional oil resource plays, ideally in SCOOP /STACK, Eagle Ford and Permian region of West Texas/New Mexico
- Demonstrated ability to apply reservoir engineering techniques to identify production enhancement and opportunities and create value
- Reserves support: type curves validation, production history matching, decline curve analysis, reservoir simulation
- Experience with reserve estimation techniques and knowledge of SEC reserves guidelines
- Experience with reservoir simulation studies, history match, spacing and other simulation studies, EOR
- Experience with decline curves analysis up to date with industry trend and latest techniques used
- Experience with artificial lift methods, and optimization Make recommendations to production engineer(s) for selection of artificial lift methodologies, production optimization and diagnostic
- Recommend collection of additional specialized reservoir data, PVT, fluid sample analysis, pressure data and other information necessary to evaluate reservoirs, able to QC and validate third party interpretation and explain to asset and peers the results and impact
- Understand phase behavior and use in material balance calculations
- Proficiency with eclipse, CMG and other reservoir simulation software, Build and/or update simulation models and use these to generate forecasts - short term, medium term and long term
- Proficiency with petrel and static modeling, and reviewing well performance versus geologic parameters (structural position, pay thickness)
- Proficiency at economic evaluation and risk/uncertainty assessment
- Experience with utilizing production database software, such as OFM and other Kappa software
- Experience with pressure transient analysis (PTA) and rate transient analysis (RTA), preferably using Fekete or Kappa Sapphire/Topaze software
- Data analysis experience, preferably with Spotfire
- Self-directed and capable of working in a small team environment along with other engineers and geoscientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cooperative and interactive team player, act as mentor to junior team member in team and within asset
- Collaborative and open to be challenged and technically debate technical projects in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008