Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Operations Management, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Learning Management Systems, operator qualification, regulatory, 49 CFR 192 and 195, pipeline, liquid, gas, transportation
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cushing, OK, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Operator Qualification Specialist is responsible for implementing, administrating, and coordinating OQ compliance efforts in the field. The position will support field personnel to ensure compliance efforts meet and exceed the OQ Program and Regulatory requirements. This will include monitoring, evaluating, assessing, and documenting OQ compliance activities. The role requires the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with Plains personnel, regulatory representatives, industry organizations, and third party contractors. This role reports to the OQ Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide oversight for mandated compliance training programs to ensure training is completed and documented in accordance with regulatory requirements and established standards.
- Provide reports for the tracking and closure of all actions and program metrics. This includes providing technical and organizational support to Environmental & Regulatory Compliance, Operations, and other departments.
- Maintain employee and contractor qualification records in ISNetWorld and PTA
- Monitor field activities of personnel performing covered task to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. This includes monitoring and participating in field assessments of EE's and contractors.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable Operator Qualification regulations and ensure division management is aware of compliance requirements and changes.
- Maintain the Operator Qualification Program for Plains Employees and Contractors
- Maintain all compliance documentation within the Plains record keeping standard
- Maintain Performance Verification Evaluator documentation and training
- Coordinate and cultivate inter-department support/interaction as needed
- Promote and champion corporate training systems and services
- Prepare records for PHMSA and State Audits
- Assist with Post-Accident Assessments
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong working knowledge of pipeline operations and regulations applicable to liquid and gas transportation, trucking, gas storage, and gas processing.
- Thorough understanding of functions and responsibilities of the Operator Qualification Programs.
- ·Superb verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively work with people of varying backgrounds at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, focus on detail, follow policies/procedures, and maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR 192 and 195.
- Must have ability to travel up to 30%
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or college degree preferred
- Experience in the use of Learning Management Systems, Microsoft Office, and other computer software
- Oil industry experience in pipeline operations preferred
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.