Skills: Asset Management, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Management
Other Skills: CMMS, Maximo, Asset Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Operations, Reliability, program development, rotating equipment, EAM, IBM
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Manager of Maintenance and Asset Management will report to the Director of Operations Technical Support. This position will have the responsibility of managing asset reliability as well as the associated risks that could adversely affect safe, compliant and reliable operations. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate and apply strong knowledge and leadership within the maintenance and operation of crude oil pipelines and terminals. Proven experience regarding management of compliance with regulation, including, but not limited to, requirements from the US DOT, US Coast Guard, OSHA and EPA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leading a team to drive the finalization of a long term preventative and predictive maintenance and asset lifecycle plan. This includes developing the framework for the implementation of this plan.
- Identifying and managing asset reliability risks that adversely affect safe, compliant and reliable operations
- Leveraging and improving upon existing CMMS (Maximo) tools to address:
- Risk management
- Life cycle asset management
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Asset Utilization
- Equipment effectiveness
- Prediction of useful life
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Tracking of maintenance cost for assets and recommending improvement plans to operate more efficiently (i.e. prioritize efforts on the critical operations).
- Working with project engineering on new and/or modified installations, this includes participating in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Developing solutions to address repetitive failures and other issues specifically identified by the Regional Directors, root cause analysis, modeling or other sources that adversely affect operations.
- Managing and performing training related to Maximo and maintenance management to Field Operations.
- Managing the creation and distribution of routine reports to Management regarding maintenance and compliance tracking within Operations.
- Driving continuous improvement regarding maintenance processes within our Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or demonstrate equivalent job experience
- Ten years of relevant experience within the management of pipeline and facility maintenance and reliability, particularly related to compliance with US CFR 49 Part 192 or 195.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including planning, coordination, and supervision of others.
- Ten years of relevant managerial experience.
- Strong, proven experience utilizing and improving a CMMS program, particularly Maximo.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills, quantitative and analytical reasoning, and multitasking abilities.
- Proven experience with creating and performing reliability/availability analyses and providing meaningful methods for progression to predictive maintenance
Plains All American Pipeline (Plains) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that owns and operates midstream energy infrastructure and provides logistics services for crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), natural gas, and refined products. We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors, and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, we handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL on our pipelines. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.