Nederland, TX, US
Nederland, TX, US
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Nederland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
- Facility Electrical Engineer. Liaison for Engineering, Operations and Field Maintenance departments, focusing on the efficient operation and project implementation of Sunoco Logistics Pipeline Systems and terminal facility.
- Assist with design and troubleshooting of electrical and automation systems, motors, protective devices, instrumentation, and other electrical equipment as part of pipeline and terminal operations.
- Good analytical skills are required to diagnose problems and needs of the customers to make appropriate changes and recommendations.
- Position may have primary responsibility for scope development, engineering, design, construction and startup of assigned electrical & instrumentation-related capital projects for pipeline and terminal operations.
- Responsible to review or update project specifications and designs related to electrical equipment, facility power, power studies, utility feeds/distribution/connections/contracts/contract strategies, as related to projects or company goals.
- Knowledge in design of power system facilities and equipment and construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, receiving, and distribution stations, transmission lines, and distribution systems and equipment.
- Responsible for identifying Generator needs during commercial power unavailability such as during Hurricane season or to meet project deadlines.
- Must be able to develop multiple alternatives to an individual problem or situation.
- Primary regional electrical SME for Field Operations supporting pipeline and terminals.
- Oversees engineering performed by in-house designers and outside contracting firms.
- Prepares technical standards, specifications and procedures for individual and company-wide projects.
- B.S. degree in electrical, electronic, instrument control or related engineering discipline with 10+ years of pipeline engineering and design, operations and maintenance experience related to area of expertise.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in pipeline and/or refinery environment.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and relevant codes.
- Ability to develop and present multiple alternatives to an individual problem or situation.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; good organizational skills.
- Experience developing piping, instrument and electrical diagrams.
- Must have well developed PC skills, (Microsoft Office: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, ACCESS, MS Project, etc.)
- Must be a strong team leader as well as active member.
- Travel within regional geographic area to and from individual project sites is required.
- This position commands a wide range of knowledge and experience in dealing with a variety of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment.
- The position requires the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, the ability to prioritize tasks, and shift previously established priorities in response to changing business needs.
- Must be able to set up and work within project teams; follow established department work flow processes; provide clear direction to engineers, designers, contractors, construction managers, field technicians and support personnel.
- Emphasis is on safety, operations, budget and schedule.
- Knowledge of AB Control Logix programming, HMI interface software and DCS is a plus.
- ETAP or SKM or similar electrical software knowledge is a plus.
- Experience dealing with Utility companies for power requirements and contracts negotiations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with Industry Standards and Specifications in the Electric and Power disciplines (NEC, NFPA 70E, Low Voltage <5Kv, Medium Voltage 5kv-15kv).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 7 skill_id: 532, 744, 769, 684, 666, 811, 596, 743, 806, 645, 738