Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kenedy, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas. With major acquisitions in the Eagle Ford play in 2011, Marathon Oil-has captured a top-five acreage position in this liquids-rich resource play. The Company holds approximately 300,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford, with an average working interest of 80 percent in its Company-operated assets. Marathon Oil-s activity is focused on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, Karnes and Wilson counties. The Company currently has 20 rigs operating in the play, with plans to achieve production of approximately 100,000 net mboed by 2016.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Monitor Central Facility and Well Site Locations through SCADA System.
- Manage incoming alarms and contact appropriate field personnel.
- Assist in Optimizing Production by Identify production variances
- Address all incoming phones calls.
- Manage Reports needed by management team.
- Work with SCADA admins to improve development of SCADA system.
- Dispatch Oil and Water Loads
- Manage Oil and Water Sales Pipelines
- Manage Critical Defeat Requests
- Monitor Well and Facility Equipment and Production Rates
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two or more years experience -in the oil & gas industry preferred
- Computer Skills: - Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products-
- Time Management: Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time is required
- Communication:- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008