Midland, TX, US
Midland, TX, US
Skills: Mud Logging
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
DWL is now hiring Mud loggers for Midland.
This position will report to the Area Manager and is responsible for the following:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform the collection of cuttings samples at proper lagged depths and/or intervals.
• Wash, screen, and dry samples, divide into correct portions, and pack them by sets for the Client.
• Perform basic laboratory testing.
• Required to perform regular and frequent electronic calibrations of electronic instruments and sensors.
• Required to perform normal routine maintenance of sensors and other equipment.
• Required to perform rig-up and rig-downs of sensor and cables at customer job sites.
• Maintain an orderly, clean work environment.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Diversified Well Logging, LLC, the Client, and relevant safety authorities.
• Available to work long hours when required (12 hour shifts, 7 days per week are normal hours).
• Jobs are generally rotating on/off every two weeks, but may be extended to four under extenuating circumstances (if relief is restricted or delayed).
• Available on a 24 hour basis in an emergency situation.
• Ensure all tasks performed for the Client meet or exceed the Client's and Diversified Well Logging LLC's standards.
• Ensure that the quality directives are understood and implemented.
• Perform other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor/supervisory personnel as may be required.
• Should be able to lift up 50 lbs
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
• Must have US work authorization.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required : Must be fluent in English
• Computer skills (MS operating systems, Excel, Word)
• General mechanical abilities.
• Must be able to pass physical, criminal background check, and drug /alcohol screening.
B.S. in Geology, Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, or other sciences preferred. Mud logging experience or military experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Diversified Well Logging LLC (DWL) is a privately held business that specializes in mud logging and mud logging related services. DWL maintains its corporate office and primary support facility in Reserve, Louisiana. Reserve is located halfway between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. This facility supports corporate administration, mud logging operations, manufacturing, repair and maintenance, logistics, electronics, cuttings laboratory, research and development and IT.
Additional DWL operations facilities located in Corpus Christi TX, Midland TX, Eighty-Four PA, Washington PA, and Villahermosa, Mexico.