Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
At Schlumberger, we have recently performed a study that identified several surface, subsea, and downhole oilfield operations wherein introducing different degrees of Robotics and Automation can bring transformative efficiency gains. Taking advantage of Massachusetts’ vibrant robotic industry and academic cluster, we are creating a new multidisciplinary team in Schlumberger Doll Research Center in Cambridge MA, to conduct innovative research in Robotics and Automation for the oilfield industry. We are seeking talented, creative and enthusiastic individuals to join this new and exciting team.
- Participate in requirements engineering and concept identification of Robotics and Automated systems by interfacing with oilfield operations and engineering teams
- Through collaborations with academic and strategic corporate alliances, identify and de-risk new technology applicable to oilfield operations
- Lead the design, simulation and testing of actuators and mechatronic systems
- Participate in functional integration testing or field trials of research demonstrators
- Contribute to the documentation of internal research reports, publications and patent applications
- PhD degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Deep expertise in control and automation
- Hands-on robotics experience including motors, actuators, and hydraulics
- Background in autonomy, cognitive systems, and artificial intelligence is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.