Denver, CO, US
Denver, CO, US
Skills: IT - Software Development, Risk Management, Technical Manager
Other Skills: Security
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Xcel Energy's ESS team is responsible for all aspects of security including Cyber, Physical, Enterprise Continuity, Governance and Risk services.- This dynamic team is growing and evolving to meet the needs of the enterprise while adjusting to the ever changing world we live in.- Come join this high-energy team in building a best-in-class Cyber Security program tasked with protecting the critical infrastructure Xcel Energy-s customers depend on.
We are hiring a Lead Cyber Security Engineer - Operations Technology to be based out of Denver, CO, Minneapolis, MN, or Amarillo, TX.
The successful candidate should have experience managing security controls; performing network and application security administration, penetration testing and/or threat assessments; experience with commercial and open source security applications and technologies and related protocols and tools; programming/scripting experience; working with industrial SCADA control systems, plant systems and associated communication protocols, field technologies; and experience as a security specialist in a regulated IT environment.
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer - Operations Technology will assist leadership in effectively developing, implementing, communicating, and executing the Xcel Energy Enterprise Security Services strategy. Responsible for-steering the Security Engineering-Information Technology Team efforts which are grounded in prevention and management of threats to the environment. Will work closely with key business partners, internal technology teams and external vendors to research, deploy and configure technologies and processes that strengthen the defenses of the enterprise. Will remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards that may impact information security.
- Engineer and implement security solutions in support of the overall security objectives of Xcel Energy and in alignment with the IT Security & Risk Management Strategic Plan.
- Provide technical leadership, governance and oversight for the design of information technology systems, projects and changes within the XE environment with a core focus on security to ensure systems reliability, accessibility and compliance.
- Drive and educate on the Security architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
- Works with others to ensure that proper security disciplines are understood and applied.
- Performs the role of internal consultant to help utilize Xcel Energy-s security capabilities.
- Acts as a resource to educate customers and associates on strategic security choices in available technologies.
- Performs technical security research, analysis and evaluation of new technology tools and provides strategic direction.
- Maintains current on relevant technology trends.
- Partners with the Enterprise Architecture group regarding future technology and business needs.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with 3rd Party service providers responsible for providing technology consulting.
- Work with business unit executives and service providers to introduce required Cyber Security functionalities into the environment.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably with a concentration in Computer Science, Technology, Information Security, Information Systems or Engineering) or the equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience.
- Minimum of-8 years experience in IT including-5 years direct experience in IT engineering and cyber security.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven problem solving and business risk analysis skills.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong investigative, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must possess a broad knowledge relating to IT infrastructures and have in-depth and up-to-date experience with multiple operating systems and desk side integration.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver