Sugar Land, TX, US
Sugar Land, TX, US
Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
Sunoco Logistics is seeking a Senior SCADA Specialist to perform SCADA system support and maintenance for a pipeline SCADA system.
- Duties include maintaining the DNA SCADA database to configure data scanned from remote RTU/PLC sites
- Building the scanning interface between the remote sites and SCADA
- Building graphical displays for control center operation.
- Conduct extensive testing of all SCADA data base changes and displays in a development environment.
- Develop control programs in a proprietary programming language.
- Provide support to the Engineering department on projects that require SCADA enhancements.
- Work with field technicians in a real-time environment to troubleshoot data problems and communication problems between the remote PLC site and SCADA.
- Work closely with the Network group to review and implement network enhancements as well as SCADA security features.
- Work with internal staff to establish a detailed understanding of existing systems and learn the OASyS DNA SCADA system.
- Participate in all phases of the OASyS DNA system implementation including data conversion, field commissioning, parallel testing and cutover to production operation.
- Work with the Engineering Department and Control Center on projects to determine points in the field that need to be brought back into the SCADA system
- Participate in detailed CAT and point to point testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work with field technicians to troubleshoot problems between the field and SCADA.
- Work with the pipeline controllers to make sure their system is providing them the ability to control the pipeline at all times, both hardware and software.
- Provide 24x7 support to the Control Center on a rotational basis.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and be willing to learn.
- Knowledge of file structures, data structures, graphics editors and scientific programming languages.
- Adhere to good programming practices and strict testing standards.
- Experience working with the Windows operating system and system administration.
- Must be able to follow controlled procedures, adhere to database and display standards and change management procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations and field personnel.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A working knowledge of real-time systems, particularly SCADA systems or PLCs is preferred.
- An individual with software development experience, preferably in the .Net environment, and experience working with SQL Server, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Visual Source Safe is highly desirable.
- A basic understanding of pipeline hydraulics, with particular attention to leak detection and product batch tracking
- A basic understanding of RTU communication protocols and TCP/IP communications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 7 skill_id: 532, 753, 769, 648, 666, 674, 811, 806, 738