Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Are you up for a challenge?
We are looking for talented people to join our team of engineers, earth scientists, accountants and other professionals Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Canada Limited (Upstream) has been active in Canada for more than 75 years. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. As a result, we look optimistically to the future, as we pursue our vision to grow our core assets profitably and position Chevron for new legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron’s existing assets in Canada include a 26.9% and 26.6% non-operated ownership interests, respectively, in the Hibernia and Hebron offshore projects, and a 20% non-operated ownership interest in the Athabasca Oil Sands Project.
In addition, Chevron Canada Limited has acquired a 50% interest in the proposed Kitimat LNG project in British Columbia, including upstream interests in the Horn River and Liard basins. Chevron will operate the downstream scope, including the design and construction of the proposed two train 10MMTPA LNG liquefaction and marine export facility at Kitimat, and the proposed 463 km Pacific Trail Pipelines project from Summit Lake to Kitimat. Site clearance for the LNG facility is underway, and FEED work on the LNG facility and pipeline is proceeding.
Chevron Canada is also targeting natural gas and natural gas liquids from the Duvernay shale formation in west-central Alberta, where the company holds approximately 330,000 net acres of exploration leases. In 2011, the company commenced a multi-well exploration program on these leases to assess reservoir performance and confirm proof of concept for production from this prospective wet shale gas play. Chevron Canada has been encouraged by the reservoir data and production performance achieved to date and is currently advancing an appraisal program to evaluate the potential for full-field commercial development. Earlier this month Chevron announced it has reached agreement to sell a 30% interest in its Duvernay shale play to Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company's wholly-owned subsidiary, KUFPEC Canada Inc., for $1.5 billion.
There has never been a better time to join our team!
This job is for a duration of 8 or 12 months. The work term begins in May 2017.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Petroleum Engineering Intern in Calgary, AB; Canada until October 2, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work in a multi-discipline team to assess the uncertainties of the Duvernay reservoir, monitor competitor activity and perform studies to identify trends and potential performance improvement opportunities
- Provide production engineering support to monitor well performance and optimize well performance
- Support reservoir development planning efforts by developing forecasts and reserve estimates
- Analyze recently drilled and completion wells once on production to evaluate completion effectiveness and any well interference effects
- Support other Petroleum Engineers and Earth Scientists within the group with ad hoc requests and projects
- Actively participate as a partner with peer Engineering and Operations teams to ensure personal & process safety, environmental, reliability, regulatory compliance, and business objectives are achieved
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters degrees in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous oil and gas related internship experience
- Possess an above average level of understanding of the Exploration & Production Industry
- Demonstrated high level of academic performance
- Good communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with internal drive to succeed
- Intellectual curiosity
- Promote the Chevron Corporate Values of Integrity, Trust, Diversity, Ingenuity, Partnership, Social Responsibility and High Performance
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- An innovative workplace where we apply the latest technologies to exploration, production and reservoir management
- Hands on technical exposure which will expand your knowledge of the industry and accelerate your professional development
- Training and hands-on exposure with Chevron proprietary applications
- A potential for future opportunities for international assignments within Chevron’s large global asset base
- An effective environment where integrity is valued
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
How to Apply:
Submit a copy of your cover letter, resume and transcript (undergraduate and Master’s, as applicable) to Chevron Canada Resources by clicking on the Chevron Internship Opportunities link below.
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- Program of enrollment
- Cumulative GPA
- Describe how your specific skills and qualifications align with the position; explain why you are a good fit
- Preferred duration of internship (8 or 12 months)
- Confirm availability to start
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.