Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company.- Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, the Middle East, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers. The three segments are as follows:
- North America Exploration and Production (E&P) - explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas in North America.
- International E&P - explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas outside of North America and produces and markets products manufactured from natural gas, such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and methanol in Equatorial Guinea.
- Oil Sands Mining - mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada, and upgrades the bitumen to produce and market synthetic crude oil and vacuum gas oil.
Marathon Oil is-looking for a new Organization Information Coordinator based in the Houston Tower.-The successful candidate-will be responsible for coordinating the management of the organization-s physical and electronic information and records including proper identification, classification, retention and disposition according to Marathon-s policies and procedures.- The successful candidate will report to the Information Governance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the information management plan to identify and secure Law's information and improve business efficiency around information management.
- Maintain the organization-s records throughout its lifecycle, including but not limited to, receiving and processing records for offsite storage, supporting the legal hold order process and destruction in accordance with the retention policy and legal hold order process.
- Maintain awareness of enterprise retention categories and assist with identifying and reviewing changes in taxonomies and retention periods to meet business and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with Line Managers in their organization to gain better understanding of information usage and specific information management objectives.-
- Acting subject matter expert in regards to the type of information owned and utilized by the organization to include the locations of the information by developing data maps of their organization-s information.
- Assist with addressing non˜ompliance issues with the enterprise retention schedule and Company policies pertaining to information management, hold orders, retention and security.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Communicate and interact with customers to provide effective customer service.
- Acting Information Champion for the Organization by representing the unique needs of the organization regarding information management processes and technology.
- Attend regular training and meetings for Records Coordinators in order to stay abreast of changes in information management procedures.
- Identify, document, and provide input to management related to business processes to improve the quality of the records and information program.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning to provide the availability of and access to organizational records and information following a business disruption.
- Permanent member of Law-s Information Management Committee.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience; Information Science, Library Science, Records Management, or Project Management preferred.
- Computer Proficiencies:- Experience with content and records management systems specifically Livelink and SharePoint; Intermediate to Advance skills in Marathon-s core computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite) and similar business applications.
- 3+ years' experience required-in records and information management in a medium to large size company, preferably within the energy sector.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Must possess excellent communications, teamwork, planning and organizing skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008