Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon is currently seeking a Facilities Engineer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, to support our growing exploration and production program across the Mid-Continent Asset Team. This position will provide engineering design, construction, and installation support at the well site production facilities and other needed infrastructure systems.
- Provides project justification and management expertise to capital projects, accountable for scope / cost / schedule management within engineering procedures
- Responsible for timely and accurate project reports for management
- Managing surface infrastructure projects from conception through implementation, including pipelines, compressor stations, pumping stations, and oil/water/gas separation, conditioning and processing facilities
- Promote Marathon’s culture of safety and environmental standards, including Management of Change
- Provides engineering expertise in support of exploration and production program across Oklahoma, with focus on value optimization
- Develop, design, and implement programs to optimize upstream onshore surface facilities and production operations
- Work closely with subsurface / production teams to design and install facilities needed to address changing production rates; covering all aspects of project management and facility engineering from scope development, detailed design / estimating and project controls
- Developing and overseeing mechanical integrity programs, modifications & maintenance on existing facilities and driving reliability performance
- Travel to various field locations as required
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering required, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years facilities engineering experience within the oil & gas industry, strongly preferred.
- Work experience with exposure to multiple projects including design of onshore oil and gas production and/or gas conditioning and processing facilities.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, management and internal/external contacts.
- Working knowledge, typically gained in upstream oil and gas operations: rotating and stationary equipment, reliability engineering principals, life cycle cost analysis, corrosion engineering principals.
- Adaptive computer and technology skills (the ability to learn and effectively utilize new software or technologies to aid in optimizing or understanding processes).
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008