Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
This role provides business decision support to the Market Unit, focusing on business appraisals, and in particular understanding key business or project drivers and how to leverage these to further business objectives for Retail Thailand. Ensure that all economic and financial considerations are appropriately reflected in the project proposal to review. Involve in M&A (Merger & Acquisition) projects, strategic reviews, and business model implementation/review as assigned by Retail Finance Manager.
- Act as functional specialist for economic or financial evaluation, delivering through Tax/Treasury/Portfolio/M&A (Merger & Acquisition) where required
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the functions and other key business stakeholders, with Network and Marketing in particular. Provide Training to Network and Retail users in DOVAMO (Downstream Valuation Model) and other specific economic models
- Ensure alignment of the project proposals and the T&R process, also performing tracking of delivery vs assumptions on a selective number of Proposals
- Support Retail Finance Manager in investment, divestment and financing proposals (“Proposals”) matters including : review and challenge on the Proposals including assumptions and overall business case; ensure alignment with Retail strategy and T&R; ensure compliance with Group policies, most notably accounting policies; check and, where appropriate, challenge DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) calculations
- Custodian of the DOVAMO model including updating general and platform assumptions annually or when material changes take place
- Active involvement in review and consistent implementation of Shell Remuneration model
- Support strategic reviews and implementation follow ups, including liaison with S&P(Strategy & Portfolio)
- Provide economic and finance input on M&A/S&P activities (ie Joint Ventures, acquisitions, swaps, divestments) by supporting due diligence, valuations and negotiations. Support Operator Platform reviews. Participate in Retail Finance functional networks, striving for ESSA wherever possible
- Business Appraisal (short term/monthly) : "Post" reviews : Support "post" reviews in collaboration with the business, including tracking of performance of assets versus what was included in investment or project proposals
- Comply with Group requirements, COB (Class of Business) MOA (Manual of Authorities) and control procedures. Ensure proper authorities are obtained for the Proposals in line with the Global Retail MOA and Local LOA (Level of Authorities). Communicate changes to processes and provide training on Capex/Opex guidelines to service providers
- To promote a culture of adherence to controls and governance & processes by the service providers. To influence business units to take a proactive role in this area. Relationship management with Retail Business and team-working in the Market Unit environment. To be able to challenge the Business development or project proposals with credibility and provide value add in post review. Ability to prioritize and manage various tasks assigned. To work with many stakeholders in business under pressured timeframe and provide financial input on new Retail business development initiatives to grow business
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration (Finance / Accounting)
- Finance professional, minimum 5 years working experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Delivery focus and proven track record in recent positions
- Initiator with ability to work in virtual team and with limited direct supervision
- Business and commercial sense
- Relevant experience with GSAP
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video