Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Carson, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
31812BR Stock Accountant (Carson, CA) United States Carson, CA Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
This position is responsible for fulfilling a full time stock accounting function at the Shell Carson Facility. This is a high paced job position that requires a person to be flexible in hours and job duties. The position requires a person who can multitask well under stressful demands of several different stakeholders and requires a person who can work well in a team environment.
- Full time Stock accounting position
- Need to be knowledgeable of accounting principles
- Skilled in the use of Micro Soft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Willing to learn computer programs as required
- Proficient in analyzing numerical data
- Accuracy of data inputting required
- Able to multi-task in high stress job with varying degrees of interruptions
- Able to prepare professional reports for output to stakeholders
- Required to handle multiple internal and external stakeholder issues and requests
- Individual must have good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both in person and over the phone
- Able to carry out job duties without being directed daily on what to do
- Must work well within a diverse team environment
- Required to assist others on team as necessary
- Be able to function well in close day to day interaction and collaboration with other team members
- Planned and unexpected over time required
- Provide vacation / sick relief to other members on team
- Self-directed and motivated individual
- This job role requires the individual to be at work as scheduled
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel, Work, and PowerPoint
- Experience in multi-tasking using a high degree of independence, initiative, and good judgment.
- Experience working with broad level of stakeholders without direct reporting responsibility.
- Strong communication skills both in person and on phone.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Individual must demonstrate mature judgment and adherence to company and regulatory guidelines and be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with focus on details and accuracy.
This position requires completing monthly close out reports which usually demands working extended hours 2 or 3 days a month.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video