Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
32197BR HSSE Incident Management Specialist Qatar Ras Laffan Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come. Priority in the employment shall be given to the Qatari workers. Non-Qatari workers may be employed in case of need. - Qatar Labour Law (Article 18).
System owner and single point of accountability for the Shell HSSE Incident Management reporting system. Ensure all HSSE incidents are captured in the online system and the data recorded are in accordance to the Shell Group reporting requirements. Works in partnership with the business including assets, functions and contractor partners via a group of focal points, on managing the reporting of HSSE incidents. Train, coach and support the focal points in their role in the Incident Management process.
- Final/ single point of accountability for the HSSE Incident Management Reporting System in Qatar Shell.
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the online system and implementation of the process.
- Verify quality and accuracy of input from incidents and incident investigations.
- Promote timely close-out of remedial actions, and ensure an auditable close-out trail is maintained.
- Report incident data, actions and their follow-up, to all levels and parts of the organisation.
- Train and coach a network of focal points who support the incident management reporting process.
- Provide day to day support to the Qatar Shell (Pearl GTL, QSSC, Wells, QSRTC) organization on incident reporting related issues.
- Lead the weekly incident review meeting.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Life Saving Rules/Asset Rules Violations review board.
- Provide incident data to support the reporting cycles.
- Control access rights.
- Work with the Shell Group Functional Team to resolve reporting system issues.
- Ensure data privacy compliance.
- HSSE Record Management Focal Point
- Work with the HSSE Systems Lead to maintain HSSE Records in accordance with Shell Group requirements
- Proven experience in HSSE, including incident management and reporting.
- Must be able to work with ease on networked database computer systems and has the intellectual skills to analyse the functioning of a global data management system, that is a specific Shell design.
- Has knowledge of incident investigation process.
- Has some knowledge in Operational HSSE.
- Has a clear analytical mind with a strong concept of logic and process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate easily with people and influence them.
- Competent facilitator/coach and trainer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video