Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 120 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shell House, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
32286BR Senior Buyer Thailand Shell House
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
- Maximize value from Operational/Strategic Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreements and Category contracts
- Ensure continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail spend management principles
- Work with various stakeholders within various Shell Businesses, Functions, to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value through Bottom Line Impacts
- Deliver substantial value improvement to Shell Businesses and Functions by:
- Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the regional procurement manager and Global Category Manager as appropriate
- Apply leading edge supply chain management techniques
- Applying supply/value chain analyses and modeling - Scoping local projects, and analyzing CP (Contract and Procurement) business requirements and external market dynamics
- Develop and execute commercial contract strategies as well as operationalizing and commercially managing operational or tactical agreements
- Execute Group Contract Management process for assigned operational contracts
- Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles
- Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings impacting Shell bottom line
- Bachelor Degree or higher Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing, procurement, or related working experience
- Sound understanding of general Business CP (Contract and Procurement) requirements and CP role and contribution to Business bottom line
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills, along with the ability to work independently as a part of a virtual team, being highly motivated in a commercial environment.
- Commercial sense & Decisive, with proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results.
- Team player, with well organized behavior, and ability to build long term relationships and manage competing priorities
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Fluent in English
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video