Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bukom, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
33332BR Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) Singapore Bukom Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation. The Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) will provide technical support to carry out hands-on maintenance and coordinates maintenance work related to mechanical equipment in Production Unit for both static and rotating equipment. The role assures that activities on the weekly schedule, emergencies or assigned non-routine maintenance work are executed with quality and efficiency and in compliance to the company in-house Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements.
- Provide day-to-day mechanical engineering support to the Production Unit;
- Ensure compliance of mechanical engineering practices and assets with statutory obligations, Engineering Codes of Practices and abide to company in-house HSSE and Engineering standards;
- Review and communicate daily and/or weekly schedule assignments with workforce; ensure safe and efficient completion of assigned work.
- Plan, execute and obtain resources, materials, services, and equipment for Emergency & Schedule Breaker (E&SB) priority work repairs and schedule work as well.
- Monitor and feedback on the maintenance effectiveness process and take corrective action if required including feedback to Supervisor;
- Administration of time sheets, service, purchase, and material orders via in-house system.
- Lead in daily maintenance schedule execution, E&SB work order planning, reviews and maintain daily updates;
- Liaise and interface with the Operations, Technology, Engineering and Procurement departments to achieve a maintenance excellence;
- Perform update on end of day progress of various scheduled maintenance work via company in-house system;
- Ensure that upon completion of all maintenance to carry out Quality Assurance/Quality Control and record/file the condition reports;
- Supervise the maintenance contractors (craft productivity and quality of work) for effective and efficient execution at Production Unit;
- Manage activities of the pre-planned schedules, adopting small adjustments or deviations where necessary;
- Report and update to Supervisor of identified risks of not achieving schedule and update of taking mitigating action;
- Obtain permit-to-work from the Operations;
- Oversee and support planned and unplanned shutdown/projects job include planning, preparation & execution to achieve agreed duration within budget and safely;
- Analyze and trouble-shoot mechanical problems;
- Report on recurring problems/breakdowns;
- Update and maintain spare parts inventory;
- To carry out/perform other responsibilities as required.
- Involve in scheduled safety walkabout;
- Assess the risk of all day to day jobs that is carried out and voice out any unsafe condition noticed;
- Develop formal JOHAN with all relevant parties for jobs with medium and high risk;
- Review Job Hazard Analysis (JOHAN) and work method statement submitted by vendor/contractor thoroughly and ensure standard is met and all supporting documents are available before submitting for approval;
- Full compliance with Life Safety Rules (LSR) & Safety Rules at all times to achieve Goal Zero;
- Take courage with due respect to intervene of any unsafe act on the field/site;
- Apply clearances for maintenance job as and when required.
- Diploma/Degree in mechanical engineering or NITEC in mechanical discipline combined or with a minimum of 5-7 years engineering/maintenance of rotating & static equipment field experience in the oil or petrochemical plants;
- Good understanding of the various international mechanical engineering standards;
- Able to work independently and yet participate as a member of a multidiscipline team;
- Troubleshooting skills;
- Knowledge of GSAP and Maintenance Excellence (ME) processes would be an added advantage;
- Good communication skills.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video