Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Pasadena, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33721BR Corrosion Technician - Pasadena, TX United States Pasadena, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Conduct DOT annual Cathodic Protection and Atmospheric Corrosion surveys.
- Install and monitor internal corrosion monitoring equipment
- Mitigate corrosion both internal and external for assets assigned
- Fully utilize company computer system and software
- Supervise and participate in Cathodic protection system design and materials installation
- Maintain Cathodic protection equipment
- Budget and execute special projects
- Provide thorough and accurate monthly reporting on all activities
- Possess a working knowledge of 49 CFR part 195 and 192 if applicable
- Technical group field representative for corrosion
- Embrace and champion all safety policies and procedures according to the SPL HSSE manual
- Manage contractors in a safe and efficient manor
- Able to work unsupervised
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the pipeline corrosion prevention field
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Have the ability to communicate written and orally to a variety of audiences
- Display the ability to work alone as well in group settings
- Demonstrate competent working knowledge of corrosion survey techniques
- Exhibit good time management skills
- Show proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- Possess a working knowledge of electrical components
- Posses or be capable of obtaining the following certifications within 2 years of employment:
- NACE CP Level II – Cathodic Protection Technician
- NACE Internal Corrosion Level I
- NACE Coatings Inspector Program (CIP) Level I
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video