Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
33731BR MOTIVA - Total Rewards Analyst - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
This role will provide support to the Compensation and Benefits team. This role will participate in various cross-functional projects within the Compensation and Benefits area. The successful candidate will provide a broad range of support/ analysis services in the rewards space.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides support in the retirement benefits/ H& W benefits/ administration and compensation space
- Assists with health and welfare benefits administration tasks, as directed, including completion of benefits-related surveys.
- Provides compensation support including completion of salary surveys, benchmarking, supporting the annual total compensation statements, and tracking salary budgets.
- Creates and provides compensation and benefits reporting on a regular basis; analyzes and interprets data and provides recommendations.
- Conducts research on HR/Compensation legislative and regulatory issues.
- Supports analysis and develops proposals for hourly increases in the US.
- Support Motiva pay activities, including in-depth analysis of Oil Industry Group Job Family & Job Match surveys
- Work with the HRIT Compensation module to ensure configuration accurate
- Participate in interdepartmental projects
- Develops and delivers Compensation/Policy presentations as needed to business groups and new hires
- Develop and conduct various training activities
- Support tracking and coordination of FLSA Assessment
Special Challenges Include:
- Management of multiple priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information and implement change initiatives
- Proactive team member
- Flexibility to handle cross functional priorities
- Ensure timely, efficient but high quality service
- Provide results under pressure and with time restraints
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct HR / Compensation and Benefit experience... support three functions, comp, retire benefits, health and wellness managers.
- Proven experience with current Compensation practices.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proven quantitative and analytical experience.
- Proven documentation experience.
- Proven presentation experience.
- Strong Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word experience.
- Proven SAP and workday or other HRIS systems experience.
- Knowledge of compensation principles, legislation, and current compensation trends that affect compensation programs.
- Knowledge of retirement planning principles, including 401(k), Profit Sharing, and ESOP plans.
- Knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video