Whippany Distribution Center, US
Whippany Distribution Center, US
Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Whippany Distribution Center, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33767BR Shell Lubricants Driver, Whippany, NJ Distribution Center United States Whippany Distribution Center Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Drivers are required to work safely and independently with minimum supervision. Under the general supervision of the Logistics Supervisor, the driver responsibilities include, but not limited to delivering and handling products in a safe manner in accordance with all company policies and procedures as well as State and Federal laws and regulations. Additional accountabilities include:
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and ladders, as well as gauge customer tanks for proper delivery quantities.
- Fill totes, drums, stage package deliveries, and unload inbound deliveries.
- Provide general housekeeping of facility and equipment and routine safety structured walks and talks.
- Understand DOT rules and regulations including the use of in-vehicle monitoring systems (IVMS).
- Deliver lubricant products, which range from bulk and packaged goods to 55 gallon drums.
- Load and unload bulk oil.
- Gauge customer tanks for proper delivery quantities
- Packing and staging loads, which require the movement of cases of product that weigh up to 60 pounds
- Drive a Class B tanker and/or box trucks to deliver our products and delivering drums using a dolly up to 600lbs.
- Support the day-to-day operation of the distribution center business as a focal point for internal and external customers.
- Safely perform all duties related to loading, unloading, and delivery of bulk oil or package products while having face-to-face interaction with internal and external customers.
- Daily activity may include heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, crawling, standing, walking on uneven ground, climbing, twisting, pushing and pulling.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Minimum three (3) years of verifiable driving experience in a Class B vehicle.
- Must have experience working in a highly safety sensitive environment.
- Proven computer literacy.
- Proven knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Proven record of strong HSSE performance and Goal Zero mindset.
- Valid driver’s license Class B with required endorsements.
- Must have the flexibility to work overtime, holidays, and weekends (when needed).
- Must have the ability to work in adverse weather conditions, lift 70lbs, climb stairs, ladders, and pull delivery hoses.
- Experience working in bulk delivery operations and maintenance (preferred).
- Forklift experience (preferred).
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
After submitting your application, if you are selected for testing you will be required to attend testing approximate to the area, and meet the minimum test score requirement on the Operations Test Battery.
As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video