Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Van Nuys, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33807BR Terminal Operator-Van Nuys, CA United States Van Nuys Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Van Nuys location is a pipeline terminal that handles gasoline and distillate products for distribution to Shell customers. The terminal receives product via pipeline and ships out products via a truck loading rack .
Terminal operators are responsible for all operational duties related to the receipt, storage and distribution of its products.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintaining compliance with company procedures and government regulations related to HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental) and various agency permits
Providing general maintenance and housekeeping in support of terminal assets to ensure a safe, secure, and environmentally sound operation
Handling, receiving, transferring, shipping, and storing of petroleum products via pipeline and truck
Demonstrating an ability to problem solving on loading rack malfunctions and other terminal systems
Demonstrating a basic knowledge of computer input and stock reconciliation
Conducting quality assurance sampling and testing of products
Demonstrating an accountable for thorough and complete compliance with company and regulatory procedures in the execution of the job such as:
Compliance with the Distribution Health & Safety Manual
Compliance with the Terminal Operations Manual
Compliance with the Distribution Measurement Manual
Familiarity with compliance environmental manuals such as the FRP and SPCC Plans
- Previous Terminal Operations or Military experience preferred
- Experience in the petrochemical industry preferred
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Possess or be able to qualify to receive a Forklift Operator Certification within 90 days of employment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willingness to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willingness to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willingness to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willingness to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation. To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willingness to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willingness to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willingness to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess or are you able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair, fluid drug testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willingness to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willingness to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willingness to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willingness to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willingness to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video