Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33858BR CP Analyst - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Analysts activities assigned to this position could include any of the areas mentioned in the Accountabilities below. Some activities are ongoing/recurring, and others are projects. Activities could change over time based on changes in initiatives and focus areas and as some projects conclude and new ones commence.
Deliver support to all of CP in the areas of:
1) Planning & Performance Reporting and Analytical support (with a focus on data analysis, KPI reporting, and preparation of management information to support CP Leadership);
2) Business/Process Improvement and support of contract management, category management, supplier management;
3) Business & Commercial Assurance / Compliance;
4) People, Communications and Change Management;
5) Systems and Enablers
Planning and Performance Reporting and Analytical Support:
- Plan, manage, and execute the program/schedule for performance and reporting deliverables, meeting both routine and ad hoc requirements.
- Consolidate and analyze Dashboard KPIs and MI packs to provide management information re: progress against KPIÂ´s and for engagement with stakeholders, such as third-party spend reports for individual functions / businesses.
- Maintain the process, tools, and systems to enable planning and performance reporting,
- Develop and maintain information on org charts, initiatives, etc.
- Value (VI/TPSS) and costs savings tracking; spend data analysis & reporting
2. Business Process Improvement and CP Discipline Support:
- Support progress tracking of the functional improvement plan initiatives and milestones
- Lead and/or participate in projects and initiatives as assigned, from development of written Terms of Reference through project implementation.
- Roll-out policies and procedures
3. Business & Commercial Assurance / Compliance:
- Support in assurance activities e.g. Contract Management Activities, Audits, Records Management, etc.
- Support related to policies & procedures involving ethics & compliance activities, E&C training, etc.
4. People, Communication & Change Management Support:
- Maintain website / Sharepoint site. Coordinate communications, such as webcasts, email communications about policy & procedure, initiatives, etc.
- Accurately prepare written business reports, analysis, presentations and correspondence that is coherent, effective and professional.
- Presentation support, including development of PowerPoint materials to support leadership engagements with stakeholders, etc.
- Support People agenda, including initiatives around training nominations and topics, onboarding and staff development.
5. Systems and Enablers:
- Act as Focal Point/Subject Matter Expert for one or more systems for Data Lake and Records Management tool
- Developing and delivering specific training, documentation, etc. to support use of systems, tools, and processes
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in contracting & procurement, so as to apply CP content and process knowledge to analysis and reporting assignments.
- Proven experience in hands-on development, refinement and ongoing management of databases, scorecards, performance reports and ad hoc reports highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and synthesize it into management information, draw business conclusions and recommend required actions.
- Proven experience creating both novel and standard reports and developing graphic and visual representations of the data for internal decision-making, problem-solving, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to research data variances and detect/fix issues, errors, discrepancies.
- Proven knowledge of CP systems, processes, tools, terminology highly desirable, including VI/TPSS tracking systems, ERS, CMS.
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint with hands-on experience in data extraction, manipulation, comparisons, reporting, database design, development and implementation (including Pivot Tables, V-lookups, charting, filters, linked workbooks, merging data from different files, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video