Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Norco, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33906BR Gasoline Blending Chemist - Norco, LA United States Norco, LA Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Reporting to Analytical Team Lead - Norco Quality Measurements Department, the Norco NIR/Octane Specialist is responsible for the overall operation of the Gasoline Belding Laboratory facility. The primary function is the effective operation of the Gasoline Blending Laboratory in support of Norco Gasoline Blending system.
- Responsible for Quality Control function of the Gasoline Blending Lab.
- Customer/stakeholder interface as QC focal point to ensure optimum level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Accountable for projects and initiatives related to the QC function of the organization.
- Provide technical assistance to gasoline blending testers on testing issues encountered during Blending.
- Responsible for setting up new lab analyzers and developing new methodology.
- Develop schedule for testing of gasoline correlation samples and safety and housekeeping monthly audits.
- Review and provide information on lab and lab equipment operating procedures.
- Oversee all octane motor & NIR functions in Gasoline Blending Lab
- Focal Point Role
- Internal audits of gasoline blending lab.
- MOC for lab operations applicable projects.
- Manage ordering of materials and supplies for the laboratory.
- Initiation of notifications in SAP for the gasoline blending lab.
- Initiate change requests for gasoline blending lab
- Auditing and Reporting
- Generate quality reports as required (compliance audit responses, etc.)
- Audit gasoline blend packets for quality and adherence to in line blending waiver requirement testing frequencies.
- Issue summary report of blending issues with corrective action to both Operations Team Lead and Gasoline Blending Testers for awareness and successful future handling.
- Perform quarterly review of RFG gasoline data.
- Review source data documents in all blend packages for compliance.
- Compile SQC data and PM information for yearly compliance audit.
- Challenge auditors on their findings when applicable.
- Investigate problems and root causes associated with gasoline quality and off spec Issues (QM and site teams).
- Track proficiency performance in order to investigate and determine root cause for outliers.
- Manage the review and corrective action of FIM.
- Key Interfaces
- Gasoline Blending Specialist for technical support
- Main Lab Operations Team Lead on tester work performance
- Blending engineer and gasoline scheduler for blending issues and for lab proto collection.
- Serve as a member of the Gasoline Blend Team
- Garage Supervisor on Mechanic backups and Mechanic work performance
- Instrument Maintenance Team leader on Instrument Mechanic work performance
- Outside contractors for physical plant equipment service and repairs
- Quality specialist on all Sample Manager issues.
- Head Office contract auditors (yearly) and EPA official auditors, when applicable.
- Administrative Support for lab data to EPA reporting program WK Comply.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree; Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of technical experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of gasoline blending.
- Proven analytical background in troubleshooting.
- Root Cause Analysis experience.
- Proven experience with standard test method protocols used for refinery testing (ASTM, UOP, ISO).
- Proven experience with Gasoline specifications and testing.
- Ability to apply Quality Assurance concepts to varying situations.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video