Houston-One Allen Center, United States, US
Houston-One Allen Center, United States, US
Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston-One Allen Center, United States, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33915BR MOTIVA - Commercial Manager - Manufacturing - Houston, TX United States Houston - One Allen Center Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Deliver with these strategies increased value to Motiva (reliable supply, lower costs, lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Synergies with Motiva assets & business, innovation).
Manage directly a subset of Motiva Manufacturing contracts and suppliers.
As part of the Motiva Commercial Management, manufacturing team, manage an effective relationship with Motiva manufacturing suppliers to maximize value for Motiva from the external marketplace.
Responsibilities include Motiva manufacturing category activities.
- Coach Sr Buyers on category skills, project mgmt., and stakeholder engagement
- Develop and own end to end contracting process, which includes negotiating and manage post award
- Develop implementation plans for new contracts.
a. Commercial instruments such as Motiva Agreements, Commercial Operating Models or Shell Framework Agreements;
b. Standard templates (RFP, Evaluation, Contract, Negotiation including market data);
c. Market Reports, Demand Management Approach, TCO Model and rollout plan;
d. Standard Contract Management Plan for each commercial instrument
e. Move manufacturing categories to a business value focus versus operational focus
f. These should be based on consolidated business needs as well as cost and market analysis.
- Be an effective change and influence leader to address the business cost gaps to achieve Quartile 1 performance
- Work both at site level and regional level
- Improve and deepen market analysis and understanding
- Support short fuse projects as well as deeper regional based CP improvement initiatives.
- Go deeper into eliminating waste and creating value
- Significantly improve both contract and supplier management to first Quartile levels
- Interface with Shell CP Category and procurement management staff on joint contracting strategies and performance. Leverage strategies and agreement to the benefit of Motiva.
- Deliver against commitments in the Motiva Business Scorecard and the CP functional scorecard.
2) Ensuring the geographically-focused strategy caters for market volatility so that the end-goal can be achieved for security of supply, competitive pricing and reduced delivery lead times.
3) Ensure the geographically-focused strategy provides optionality so that the value equation can be optimized for specific business needs, i.e. technical value is maximized along with competitive market pressure and Motiva Supplier Collaboration for enhanced technical value, TCO and speed to market. Where trade-offs in execution must be made, the geographically-focused strategy must make these choice points obvious and transparent for speed and relative ease of decision making.
4) The person should have experience in Contracting and Procurement. To be able to discuss and articulate issues with the technical and procurement professionals.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply chain or relevant discipline is required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in category management and commercial deal-making.
- Extensive C&P experience with commercial contracts, purchasing, supplier relations, etc.
- CMS, Ariba, GSAP experienced preferred.
- Skilled in sourcing strategy development, negotiations, and post-award contract management.
- Proven experience in leading complex commercial deals.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video