Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
34304BR Material Corrosion Engineer Germany Cologne Wesseling - Ludwigshafener At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902. We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Material Corrosion Engineer to join our Rhineland Refinery near Cologne.
The Rhineland Refinery is one of the "Super sites" in Shell's Global Manufacturing organization. The total site size has 17 million on per annum crude oil procession capacity with up to 3.000 staff being employed in Rhineland.
Rhineland consists of two locations, RR-North (Godorf) and RR-South (Wesseling). Both locations are highly complex, fully integrated oil-chemicals sites, with a "Hydro cracking-Aromatics" configuration. The RR-South also operates a Lower Olefins unit and a Oil Gasification complex where raw Methanol is being produced.
- Identify, create and implement proactive corrosion monitoring and improved inspection and integrity plans resulting in reduction in LOPC (Loss Of Primary Containment) and identifying saves (near leak) that increases site availability
- Advise inspectors on appropriate inspection strategy and inspection technique
- Facilitate RBI workshops and provide corrosion evaluation for RBI workshops including defining corrosion loops, process description, identifying failure modes, assessing failure modes, inspection data and consequence assessment. Also identify and develop IOW (Integrity Operating Windows)
- Provide Turnaround inspection and replacement scope
- Facilitate and participate in causal learnings/root cause analysis workshops
- Communicate directly with the refinery Integrity and Inspection team members
- Communicate and co-ordinate reviews with Shell P&T and third party regulatory bodies - Materials, Corrosion or Mechanical Engineering University degree
- Ability to demonstrate required competencies and work independently providing corrective service and support mindset
- Significant working experience in a refinery corrosion position
- Good communication skills to facilitate, initiate and maintain working relations with various disciplines in the Shell Group and Customer organization
- Fluent in German and working knowledge of English
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video