Port Arthur, TX, US
Port Arthur, TX, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34450BR MOTIVA Rotating Equipment Manager (Port Arthur, TX) United States Port Arthur, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
- To deliver technical assurance of the rotating equipment discipline while ensuring quality work in a safe, environmentally sound, reliable operation at the lowest sustainable cost.
- Assure quality support to Production utilizing sound engineering practices through use of established engineering standards (DEPS/Dem, API, etc.) and industry best practices.
- Allocate technical resources to identify and mitigate threats using the Mitigation Threats to Availability work process.
- Meet all compliance requirements using the appropriate work processes (i.e. MOC, HSEMS, IPF, ESP, Investigations, ME, RCM, etc.).
- Define, validate, and develop skill competencies for Mechanical Engineers and Inspectors. These skills include Rotating Equipment, Causal Reasoning and Risk Management.
- Assure quality project analysis and justification to effectively manage budget requirements.
- Assure quality RCFAs (level I) and Investigations (level II) to drive reliability improvement.
- Assure safe work practices and processes are followed.
- Ensure that we partner with Maintenance and Operations on risk management while not compromising Technical assurance.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Skill in Rotating Equipment
- Demonstrated Technical mastery in Hard side discipline
- Technical reviewer with experience in LOPAs, PHAs, and MOC for machinery content
- Skilled in Project Management
- Personnel development and mentoring skills
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practices
- Knowledge of process operations including utilities
- Planning skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strategic skills – developing a 5 year plan for the Rotating Equipment discipline
- Skill in managing organizational alignment – Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance and Operations
This position is at the Port Arthur Refinery. Full relocation is available.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video