Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
34456BR MOTIVA Finance System Analyst (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Motiva Finance organization has an opening for a Finance Systems Analyst who can bring data extraction expertise from various systems and provide a consolidated view of Motiva's financial data for analysis and management decision making purposes. This role combines both a financial systems and Financial Analysis experience. Below are the job duties:
- Collection and Analysis of data from varies systems at Motiva (SAP, RightAngle, Hyperion, Business Intelligence and Tableau), to support reporting and analysis
- Develop custom reports, data sets, and databases which allow for ad-hoc analysts
- Collaborate with Supply, Trading & Logistics (STL) Financial Analyst to develop monthly results package and Monthly Management Information (M I) package
- Provide end user support to STL Financial Analyst and stakeholders
- Assist with Business Plan preparation and perform actual vs. plan analysis
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related degree
- Must have 3 or more years of experience with data extraction and analysis
- Must have experience working with bulk datasets, including research and ability to analyze these datasets
- Must have experience building data models
- Must have a strong attention to details, be able to multi-task, and work under pressure with a sense of urgency
- Must adhere to business controls and external regulations, be self motivated and able to work autonomously
- MBA is a plus
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video