Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Martinez, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34664BR Supply Chain Associate (Martinez, CA) United States Martinez, CA Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Supply Chain/Warehouse Coordinator position is responsible for coordination of process orders, stock movements and raw material needs to meet customer requirements (both internal & external). This includes management of raw material purchasing, preparation of process orders and shipping support. The coordinator will also assure accurate recording of all transactions in SAP including goods receipts, goods issued, inventory movements and billing.
- Supports supply chain functions from Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and receipt of raw materials, product planning and scheduling, warehousing and shipping.
- Build relationships with key vendors, suppliers and Supply Chain personnel to ensure that operations and shipping can be executed efficiently to meet customer needs.
- Communicate and coordinate with plant personnel, Freight Forwarder and shipping personnel to assure timely deliveries.
- Primarily responsible for local coordination of material transport via truck, sea container or air freight, working with global customer service.
- Creates Purchase Orders or Releases against Outline Agreements for all Ethylene Oxide (EO) and RM-17 materials including packaging supplies and tracks through goods receipt and invoice payment.
- Processes all components of order transactions, including but not limited to P.O. entry, stock transfers, delivery documentation, invoice approval, import/export documentation, etc.
- Issues and manages process paperwork required for day to day plant operations and warehouse.
- Evaluates available materials and SMOG and creates material lists (Blend guidelines, Burn list, pick list) for Operations.
- Reviews SAP and MAUT inputs of operators for correctness and accuracy
- Provides summaries, reports and data on all supply chain data.
- Ensures SAP accurately displays catalyst disposition, tracks and coordinates entries with lab personnel and MTS group.
- Manages invoicing issues including correcting parked invoices for CSAP and correcting CSAP GR/IR unbalances.
- Work with CSAP Master Data Team to create/change/delete vendor master data or material master data, as required.
- Coordinates international stock transfers (import and export) including creating the purchase orders, stock transfers, shipping and receiving when needed.
- Back-up purchasing agent for maintenance warehouse coordinator.
- Performs physical inventory reconciliation and assure corrective actions are put in place to prevent future discrepancies.
- Works with manufacturing plants, domestic and international, off line storage locations, customers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, carriers, and suppliers.
- Accurate and timely entry of data to Production Planning, Materials Management and Sales and Distribution information systems.
- Five years of experience in planning, purchasing or warehouse environment as a clerk or planner.
- Experience with an ERP system a must. Preference given to those with SAP knowledge.
- Precise and thorough oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Broad knowledge/awareness of hazardous materials regulations, import/export regulations and compliance, logistics, and accounting principles.
- Process orientated and must be able to understand business process principles and work within a work process focused environment
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed work team and serve as an effective, contributing component of the team
- Must have the ability to maintain positive attitude while handling multiple tasks and provide stable performance and professional disposition under pressure
- PC Competency - Sound working knowledge of various PC softwares, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Be a leader in safety on site through personal commitment to complete required observations and audits and supporting team to actively complete training, audits, observations, JHAs etc.
- Actively engage in Continuous Improvement/LEAN activities on site.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video