Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34797BR MOTIVA - Legal Operations Manager/Senior Paralegal - Houston, TX United States Houston Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
This position involves providing required assistance to the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsels for matters related to organization, planning, and budgeting for Motiva’s growing legal department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of Motiva’s selected matter management, e-billing and e-discovery systems, as well as for optimizing Motiva’s use of its existing document management and legal research systems. To support anticipated growth, the successful candidate will assist Motiva legal management in sourcing, recruiting, training and managing a highly qualified group of paralegals.
At least initially, the position also will involve assisting Motiva lawyers with hand-on paralegal work, including legal research and drafting and reviewing documents. This position will provide support to Motiva’s litigation docket as well as to a variety of Motiva’s business activities including refining, distribution, sales & marketing, and products supply, trading & logistics.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum twenty (20) years of progressively responsible paralegal and legal operations experience, including a minimum three (3) years of experience in an in-house legal department.
- Proven experience working with law firm and law department leadership in legal operations matters.
- Demonstrated organizational and writing skills and the ability to communicate crisply and clearly in a legal and business context.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills and the willingness to develop expertise in specific areas of the law.
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video