Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Knoxville, TN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34902BR Motiva Terminal Operator - Knoxville, TN United States Knoxville, TN Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated employees comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance. The Knoxville Distribution Terminal handles refined products (gasoline and distillate) for distribution to Motiva customers. The terminal receives product via pipeline and ships out products via a truck loading rack.
Terminal operators are responsible for all operational duties related to the receipt, storage and distribution of its products.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining compliance with company procedures and government regulations related to HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental) and various agency permits
- Providing general maintenance and housekeeping in support of terminal assets to ensure a safe, secure, and environmentally sound operation
- Handling, receiving, transferring, shipping, and storing of petroleum products via pipeline and truck
- Demonstrating an ability of problem solving loading rack malfunctions and other terminal systems
- Demonstrating a basic knowledge of computer input and stock reconciliation
- Conducting quality assurance sampling and testing of products
- Demonstrating an accountable for compliance with company and regulatory procedures in the execution of the job such as:
- Compliance with the Distribution Health & Safety Manual
- Compliance with the Terminal Operations Manual
- Compliance with the Distribution Measurement Manual
- Familiarity with compliance environmental manuals such as the FRP and SPCC Plans
Additional details and requirements include:
- The terminal is operated 24/7, requiring terminal operators to be on call to support operations as necessary.
- Expected to live close enough to the terminal to allow you to respond, within a reasonable amount of time, when necessary.
- There may or may not be opportunities for overtime, as required by the business.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Must possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, medical, reference checks, and drug screens including hair and oral fluids testing.
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video