Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom
Other Skills: IT engineering, cyber security
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
We are hiring a Security Analyst - ePO for our Enterprise Security Services (ESS) department to be based out of Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN. The Associate Analyst will report within the Cyber Operations and Monitoring team, which will work closely with the Enterprise Vulnerability Management (EVM) team. The Cyber Operations and Monitoring & EVM teams will work together to find possible vulnerabilities, investigate, determine threat level, and mitigate risks through monitoring, incident response, and network traffic analysis. McAfee ePO experience is strongly preferred, but not required if candidate has relevant experience with similar tools.
The ESS team is responsible for all aspects of security within Xcel Energy including Cyber, Physical, Enterprise Continuity and our Governance and Risk services.- This dynamic team is growing and evolving to meet the needs of the enterprise while adjusting to the ever changing world we live in.- Come join the high-energy team in building a best-in-class example of security related service offerings.
Responsible for providing cyber security guidance, identification, evaluation, design, development, implementation and integration of cyber security solutions, products and services. Provide expertise and execution in the day-to-day operations of all cyber security solutions, technology and procedures including vulnerability management, penetration testing, perimeter management and testing including rogue wireless detection, cyber forensic investigations, and overall security technology and solutions management. Ensure all regulatory, contractual and internal security requirements are met in relation to the day-to-day operations and use of cyber security solutions, technology and procedures. Execute assigned tasks as part of an on-call rotation.
- Coordinate, perform and document Cyber Security Vulnerability & Penetration Tests and wireless audits as well as mitigating Cyber Security Vulnerabilities.
- Provide cyber security support to business and technical teams in the design of standardized products and customized solutions. Must be flexible to continuously changing demands and technologies and have the ability to maintain a library of security tools used as part of this function.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with 3rd Party service providers responsible for providing technology consulting. Work with business unit executives and service providers to introduce required Cyber Security functionalities into the environment.
- Perform Cyber Investigations and maintain forensic evidence as needed.
- Provide all assigned responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in computer science, technology, accounting or business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in I/T including 1 year direct experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven problem solving and business risk analysis skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Good investigative, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Must possess a broad knowledge relating to I/T infrastructures and have in-depth and up-to-date experience with multiple operating systems and desk side integration
- Experience in security engineering or operations environments with McAfee ePO or similar tools
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver