Skills: HR - General
Other Skills: People Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dyce, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Positioning the role of HR Manager as an integral part of the HR management team, the HR Manager will develop effective working relationships, influence, challenge and support the HR Business Partner (HRBP) team in the delivery of objectives and plans in support of the achievement of Business Unit and HR strategies.
Working in partnership with the HR Service Centre, Communities of Expertise (COE) and Senior Management, the HR Manager will provide specialist coaching, support and influence that enables HRBP's to support their key clients to effectively deliver their people plans.
The HR Manager will provide best practice, commercially focused HR solutions that support the Business Unit in conjunction with HR CoE's and the HR Service Centre.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Ensure smooth and effective Management of the Human Resources function within the specified country or responsibility area.
Effectively manage HR Business Partners/Advisors, ensuring they are equipped with the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively support their Business Units Managers in line with the HR/Business Unit Strategy, objectives and plans e.g. organizational design, performance management, absence management, career management etc.
Act as Project Manager for specific HR Projects, ensuring timescale and objectives of the project are met.
Collaborate effectively with colleagues, providing local HR expertise to the wider HR Team and Business Unit Managers.
Provide personal support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the Country of responsibility. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverables. Identify and support people issues in partnership with assigned Business Unit and support them with advice and expertise to resolve these matters.
Proactively provide feedback to aid HR CoE areas to improve service levels and work with HR CoE areas where an issue/project may have an impact to develop and support the business requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with CoE and HR Service Centre ensuring best in class service delivery to internal clients.
- Create an inclusive environment, where team members are able to express their views and opinions with openness and acceptance.
- Mentor and coach direct reports in their professional development.
- Act as an effective delegator, ensuring work assigned helps to empower and self improve.
- Take the time to understand direct reports motivational triggers and communication styles and adopt accordingly.
- Be inspiring, encourage direct reports to push the boundaries, go the extra mile and relish the challenge.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives within the business area in order to improve business efficiency and people management allowing for flexibility and planned growth.
- Provide both transformational advice and transactional support (contracting in HR CoE's where required) on change management initiatives, organizational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing / redundancy situations) in order to improve cost and efficiency, clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business unit as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with Oceaneering core values.
- Working in partnership with the Business Unit, manage employee relations issues including ongoing relations with Employee Committees/Trade Unions(where appropriate). Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER issues and improve the effectiveness of consultation.
- Proactively consult, influence and negotiate with Trade Union Officials on local and Companywide issues. Proactively work with the relevant Union body with regard to the interpretation and renegotiation of the collective agreement (where appropriate) with the Director, HR.
- Manage strategic ER / people issues, contracting in the services of CoE HR areas as required (including the HR Service Centre).
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures. Consult and deliver new/amended policies and procedures into the business area in conjunction with relevant HR CoE.
- Support Business Unit and HR Service Centre with disciplinary/grievances and other employee issues where specific business area knowledge is essential
Talent Acquisition (TA)
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues in co-ordination with the TA CoE over workforce supply and demand.
- Challenge Business Unit on new roles, replacement strategy, Career Framework levels etc.
- Support the Business Unit in the Career Framework Evaluation / Pay Benchmarking process for new positions or substantially changed roles including the provision of advice and guidance on the Reward and Recognition Strategy for that business unit.
Reward & Recognition
- Facilitate annual and ad-hoc reward initiatives along with the compensation CoE.
- Facilitate recognition activities within Business Unit acting as chair for the Employee Engagement Forum (where required).
- In conjunction with Compensation and Benefits CoEs, support, promote and review the Oceaneering Compensation strategy and Benefit plans providing Business Unit feedback on same as required.
Talent Development (TD)
- In conjunction with TD CoE, support the Oceaneering Performance Programme within the Business Unit with annual and mid-year performance reviews, the setting and reviewing of objectives and subsequent individual development plans.
- Identify and contribute to the design, evaluation and delivery of development interventions to support Business Unit needs.
- Support the Business Unit with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Individual Development Plans and work with the business unit to support the Talent Development and Succession planning initiatives that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
Manage the Oceaneering One Wellness Programme in conjunction with HR CoE areas for the Region/Country.
Directly supervises employees within the Human Resources Department.
Education and/or Experience
- Appropriate People Management Qualification/Degree
- Experience within a complex HR Manager role
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within HR and the rest of the business.
- Experience of effective challenging and influencing at senior manager/Director level.
- Commercially focused.
- Experience of managing significant organizational change.
- Proven experience of managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives.
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills.
- Experience of advising on complicated Employee Relations issues.
- An up to date understanding of present and future employment legislation.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment (only where applicable for Business Unit).
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PeopleSoft
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.