Skills: Estimating, Process Control
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Responsible for interfacing with and supporting Project Controls functional groups for assigned ARAMCO Projects under the ARAMCO Program Management Consultancy Contract, executing Faithful and Gould functional responsibilities under the agreed PMS scope of work.
- Includes oversight and preparation of Project Estimates in line with project drawings, specifications and are prepared and completed in compliance with Client standards and corporate requirements.
- To provide functional assurance through guidance and advice in the development and implementation of estimating processes, procedures and systems operating within the Project Controls function to meet ARAMCO standards and requirements.
- To ensure the Estimating function is resourced with the correct quantity and quality of resource to support the requirements of all assigned Projects and deliver quality work products to ensure that the assigned ARAMCO Projects are completed within the approved budgets and Project schedules.
- To provide the necessary business assurance through auditing and monitoring of key performance indicators to ensure the overall quality of project execution for assigned ARAMCO Projects.
- Participate in the development of Faithful and Gould initiatives and procedures:
- Participate as part of the Overall PMS Team developing initiatives and applying effective services in support of the management of assigned ARAMCO Projects.
- Reviews and assists in the updating of the PMS Estimating Procedures and Standards.
- As required participate and undertake estimate Audits within the assigned ARAMCO Projects.
- Reviews and endorses all Project Estimates in accordance with the approved procedures
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of Estimating systems, procedures and resources.
- Development and maintenance of Project estimating processes and applications. Co-ordinates and verifies that all cost and schedule estimates are in accordance with ARAMCO requirements
- Input to the preparation of SOR's and estimates. Participates in technical and commercial evaluations of ITTs.
- Ensure compliance with ARAMCO and corporate Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Project Estimating Strategy.
- Supports Operational Project Controls management and supervision in the provision of Estimating and the co-ordination of interdependent functions within the Project Controls group.
- Interfaces with assigned Projects and PMT teams, contractors, Engineering and onsite Construction organizations and others as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of Project Estimating function.
- Works with Project Controls team and others to identify budget allocation for all elements of the work.
- Ensures that all estimates and schedules are developed and agreed, in line with the project execution strategy and all estimating is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Participates in risk assessment activities.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process.
- Ensures compliance with Project KPI's.
- Reviews and prices the change orders based upon contract and changed situations.
- Provides input into assigned Projects and PMT team forums, discussion groups, new initiatives etc. as required.
- Faithful+Gould functional management
- Program Estimating and liaison with procurement, finance, payroll to obtain program data.
- PMS Management Team
- FEED and EPC Contractors' Project Controls and Project Management personnel.
- Faithful and Gould regional management.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to his specific discipline/field.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant Science Based/Project Controls/Estimating related Subject Matter.
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position.
- Functional management, leadership and team building skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Competence and ability to lead a team of discipline engineers and provide engineering support.
- Experience with contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major oil and gas facilities.
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Business degrees shall be exceptional dependent on position proposed.
- Candidates shall have the required certification and completed training relevant to the position being applied for.
- Hydrocarbon Design Engineering experience is essential. Brownfield and/or grassroots facilities experience (Gas Plants, Refineries, GOSPs, NGL as an example) are the main focus.
- Applications from those with actual design engineering experience practiced either in Europe or North America are preferred
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management and cost consultancy services provider; with over 2,400 professionals operating throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. We support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, important projects and programmes. Our approach is committed to providing first-class professional advice and delivering a quality of service which is second-to-none. This has helped enable our business to develop and maintain robust and long-lasting client partnerships.
Active in the Middle East for over 18 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. As a member of the Atkins Group, one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies, we hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
We are currently looking for experts to join our team in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our clients on a wide range of onshore oil and gas capital projects. The work will involve project management, engineering, procurement and construction supervision and we’re looking for people at all levels, in particular the role defined below.